28 September, 2013

Happy Birthday, Ayah.

Salam.

today is my father's birthday.

fyi, my father is the one who i love the most in this whole wide world. beside the facts that he is so kind in sponsoring most of my LFC activities i.e paid for the Singapore LFC trip, the Malaysia vs LFC match and that Dalglish shirt, he had provided me enormous amount of precious stuff that i really really want.

tho some of them were really short-lived. like that iMac who looked like this:


i got it after i got 5As in my UPSR. he asked me what i wanted after that achievement, so i said"an iMac". he bought it few weeks after that, which was unexpected cos i thought it was really2 expensive. but my father was not stingy (unlike now) therefore he gave me this. however, this iMac only had about 140mb RAM (YES, 140mb) and a Mac OS 1.4. i think. i didn't remember much. but i know it was not Mac OS X. to make things short, after about 6 years of using it, my father suddenly said that he wanted to ask his friend to update this Mac (something like change the OS to a Windows instead). so he took it and maybe gave it to his friend for free or for money, and i still haven't see that iMac ever since. and i still love my father for that even though i can't forgive him for taking away the only expensive gift i ever had in my life from him and also the reminder for the highest achievement i ever had in my life.

still, i love you, Ayah.

back to the main story. this iMac was one of the gifts that my father gave that were short-lived. there was also an iPod Nano, a gift that he gave me after i got 7As in my PMR. he was disappointed cos it wasn't straight As, but he still gave me one. nway, this iPod only last 2 years. i forgot to take it out from my pants and it was kept inside a working washing machine for 1 hour. RIP iPod Nano. my father said he won't buy me any iPod after this. still, thanks for giving me an iPod, Ayah. i WAS one of the earliest who used that kind of iPod. it was the first version after all.

still, i love you, Ayah.

as a father, he is better than most fathers in the world. some fathers do not celebrate birthdays, but my father celebrate mine. some fathers sent the mothers to attend their children's report card day but my father loved to attend mine with my late mother. some fathers gave money to their child to buy a Harry Potter book, my father put it under my pillow like a tooth fairy.

i may seem materialistic as i mostly said that he gave me stuff. fyi, i am materialistic. you gave me something useful that i really2 want, i'll love you until you die. so, i am really happy with whatever my father gave me. seriously tho, some of the stuff that he gave me, most of the people i know had to save their own money for it. so i'm luckier that most of them. thus, i should be happy.

as of today, he is now 56. most people his age are already retired but not my father. i think he's a workaholic. i do not know what he'll do when he doesn't have any work to do. play golf all the time, maybe.

still, he is old. he may do not seem like it if you compare it to a Korean father. but he is old. when i look at him walk, i know he is old. when i look at him sleep in front of the computer when he isn't even doing an assignment, i know he is old. when he bought a sports car, i know he is old.

he is just an old man. an old man that have not had much rest. an old man that lives alone even when he has a young wife, 4  jobless (no fixed salary) children and 2 baby daughters. he is having the most difficult life a person could ever want to, just like a young man who has a big future in front of him.

for that, Ayah. you are 56. old but still young.

i hope you have a wonderful life ahead of you.


HAPPY 56th BIRTHDAY!


No comments: