08 February, 2016

Bit by a kitten

Assalam

Bit by a kitten few days ago. Think it was nothing until the blood kept on flowing. Did the necessary first aids and think it was good after that.

Few hours later, the pain from the bite didn't go away. Not sure why i have the feeling of 'no pain no gain' mood. I was very content on withstand the pain with no painkiller and all.

Nway, i slept with the pain. like 'chill, i have a cat bit near my thumb n i'm all ok eventhough the thumb almost look purple like a brinjal'.

Next day, i woke up and realized the bitten area became a bit swollen. It was a hard to move the thumb at first but after a few hours, the pain subside.

Still, i bought a gel to decrease the bruise.

Did it went away? Nope. Instead of purple, then it became red.

But there was no pain anymore. There was just the redness. So i had to surrender and went to the hospital with my father. Got myself a tetanus shot with a smile from both the doctor and the nurses when they heard i got it bcos of a little kitten.

And oh, an antibiotic too. Cloxacillin.

So now the pain is gone and the colour is in natural state.

I realized that if you want to have a pet, you better get yourself a tetanus shot first. Even a vet student needs that. So pet owners must too.

Bye then. I suddenly have a need to blog cos i have something on my mind.

Ps: the doctor asked me if i want a painkiller. I said no cos i might get addicted to it. I didn't tell her that tho.

No comments: